We are pleased and privileged to introduce to people everywhere this Statement of where ChurchBubble stands within the Body of Christ. The Statement is intended to be useful to everyone interested in understanding our place among the many churches, denominations, para-church bodies, church councils and other Christian groups that exist around the world.
Tamara: “When we were, individually, called to pop the Christian Church bubbles (we helped to create with our companies) globally, and crossed paths, we knew the timing of it all was no coincidence. We decided to combine our expertise, tried to dream big and started making preparations. “
Erik: “In the last 2,5 years we have travelled the world and had meetings with hundreds of churches and ministries on all continents, to represent attitudes and insights of a global nature for how we are to provide, grow and maintain an online environment of this size and scale.”
Because of how churches, ministries and charities can be limited by governments, we are convinced we are called to manage ChurchBubble as a commercial company that tries to make sure that all we do in and through the business honors God.
No one who works in our company is required to believe what we believe. However, we make it clear early on that God is the owner of our company. Therefore, all that we do centers around Him. This includes many efforts to sow seeds of faith all around the globe through various efforts. We will not force anyone to believe, but they will certainly have opportunities to hear.
May God bless you, your calling, ministry, and everyone you serve.
Erik van der Eijk
Co-owners and founders of ChurchBubble
- an (upcoming) public online platform with membership, equal opportunity selling / buying / promotion options. Members can define what they see in search results and update some information;
- specifically designed to gather information on anything that can be relevant for Christians and make this information accessible for anyone interested. The platform will first launch in the US, followed by Canada, New Zealand and Australia;
- open for global pre-registration and welcoming donations to expand into more countries and languages. Official representatives of Christian churches, ministries, charities and vendors selling into a Christian market who are interested to list what they do (to get found better), can purchase coupons at a discount for a limited period of time;
- never favoring certain Christian denominations or entities, and never discriminating against people with a particular background, history, religion, or personal belief;
- making it easier to see what can be learned from other member’s experience, where people need help, opportunities to collaborate, and where people are not (yet) reached with the gospel;
- aimed to improve the overall image of the church and the personal faith of every individual. Innovative features can help with personal development. Together we strengthen relationships, local communities, and our diverse society;
- how we can get people out of the (church) bubbles they can’t control and back into our global bubble: the atmosphere, where we can explore, discover, research, learn, share, get inspired, grow and reach.
1. The Body of Christ on earth (also referred to in this document as the Church universal) comprises all believers in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
2. Believers stand in a spiritual relationship to one another, which is not dependent upon any particular church structure.
3. Any Church that belongs to and is an expression of the Body of Christ on earth, the Church universal, is a Christian denomination in permanent mission to the unconverted, called into and sustained in being by God.
4. Denominational diversity is not self-evidently contrary to God’s will for his people.
5. Inter-denominational harmony and co-operation are to be actively pursued for they are valuable for the enriching of the life and witness of the Body of Christ in the world and therefore of each denomination.
6. ChurchBubble welcomes involvement with other Christians anywhere they are privileged to witness and serve. We also welcome anyone interested to reach or learn from Christians, regardless of personal background and faith.
The Body of Christ on Earth
1. WE BELIEVE that the Church, the Body of Christ on earth, often referred to in the New Testament as ‘the saints’ (hoi hagioi – Ephesians 1:23), comprises all who are born not of natural descent, nor of human decision, or a husband’s will, but born of God (John 1:13). The Church universal includes all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, confessing him as Savior and Lord, and witnessing to that sacred commitment through loving mutual submission (Matthew 18:15-20; John 13:34- 35; Ephesians 5:21) and sacrificial service (Mark 8:34; Matthew 20:25-28; John 13:1-17).
WE DO NOT BELIEVE that the Church universal depends for its existence or validity upon any particular ecclesiastical structure, any particular form of worship, or any particular observance of ritual.
2. WE BELIEVE that the Church universal is the whole of the worshipping, witnessing Christian community throughout the centuries comprised of whatever groupings, large or small, accepted or persecuted, wealthy or poor, into which her members may have been gathered in the past or in the present.
Members of the Body are those who are incorporated in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:1) and therefore reconciled to God through his Son. All such are in a spiritual relationship one with the other, which begins and continues regardless of externals, according to the prayer of Jesus, that those who are his may be one (John 17:23). These words of Jesus ask for a oneness as is found in the oneness of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This oneness is spiritual, not organizational.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE that an adequate definition of the Body of Christ on earth, the Church universal, can be confined in terms of ecclesiastical structure, but must rather be stated in terms of a spiritual relationship of grace that must find expression in all ecclesiastical structures.
3. WE BELIEVE that all believers are his living, fruit bearing branches, exhorted by Scripture to live in Christlike unity (1 Corinthians 12:12) and can therefore belong to the Church universal resulting in being a representative of the Body of Christ. Christ is the True Vine (John 15:1) and God alone knows those who are truly his (2 Timothy 2:19).
WE DO NOT BELIEVE that any community made up of true followers of Christ can rightly be regarded as outside the Church universal, whatever their history, customs or practices when compared with those of other Christian communities.
4. WE BELIEVE that God’s dealings with his people are perfect according to his will, but that human responses are imperfect and prone to error. It may be God’s dealings or fallible human responses to those dealings which have brought about the rich and varied denominational tapestry discernible today.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE that denominational or organizational variety can automatically and in every case be said to be contrary to God’s will for his people.
5. WE BELIEVE that God raised up Churches of various denominations according to his purposes for his glory and for the proclamation and demonstration of the gospel.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE that the existence of any independent and distinctive Christian Church, with no formal, structural ties with other Christian churches, is an affront to the gospel of Jesus Christ or self evidently contrary to God’s will for the whole of his Body on earth.
The Local Church
7. WE BELIEVE that just as the true Church universal comprises all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, so each denominational Church comprises a community of believers who have in common the way the Lord, through the Holy Spirit, has dealt with them as a community. In turn, each denominational Church comprises local congregations regularly meeting together for worship, fellowship and service in a relatively confined geographical location or digital broadcast.
Where even two or three gather in Christ’s name there he is present (Matthew 18:20) with a presence no less real than that discerned in larger, more formal, ceremonial or liturgical settings.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE that the validity of a denomination or its local congregations depends upon any particular ecclesiastical tradition, structure, hierarchy, form of worship, or ritual.
8. WE BELIEVE that it is God’s will that harmonious relations are built up and sustained, by divine grace, between Christians everywhere and between all Christian denominations including their local congregations.
Widespread contacts with other Christian communities around the world serve to enrich the faith life of every individual and to enhance everyone’s understanding of the work of the Holy Spirit. For this reason ChurchBubble enables such contacts to be made and encourages cordially to extend and deepen them.
In humility we learn from others, and we can come to the ecumenical table ready to share whatever God in his wisdom has graciously bestowed upon us.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE that narrowness or exclusiveness are consistent with God’s will for his people, or that God has nothing to teach us by our sharing and cooperating with his people in other denominations.
9. WE BELIEVE that every visible expression of the Church universal is endowed with its own blessings and strengths as gifts from God. We respect and admire those strengths, recognising too that because of human frailty every such expression has its imperfections.
It is contrary to our practices to offer adverse comments upon the life of any denomination or local congregation. We seek to be careful not to belittle the doctrines or practices of any other Christian group.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE it is our task to comment negatively upon, or to undermine, the traditions of other denominations, however content in any online environment should comply with the law. We will cooperate with law enforcement, as well as make content invisible as long as it is under review and provide feedback how content flagged as inappropriate can be improved, or how repetition of the consequence(s) can be avoided.
11. WE BELIEVE that we were called into being by the will of God, is sustained in being by God’s grace, and is empowered for obedience by the Holy Spirit.
The overriding purpose God has given us, is to gather all information that can be relevant to Christians and present it in an accessible way. The general online public should be able to get a more attractive impression of the Body of Christ on earth and members should find it easier to collaborate, by helping each other to save time, money and resources.
We strive to help Christian churches and ministries to lead people into saving faith in Jesus Christ, working tirelessly and for Christ’s sake, to develop them in holy living, that they might better serve suffering humanity while remaining unpolluted by the world (James 1:26, 27).
WE DO NOT BELIEVE that we alone are called to these sacred and awesome tasks, and therefore we rejoice exceedingly because in other Christian churches and ministries we find co-workers for God.
12. WE BELIEVE that we should strive to invite all Christians, and everyone who should be reached by the gospel, to our online environment. We are blessed with a concept of how we can establish a sustainable platform and company, which embraces everything else that has been or can be provided to Christians. We are purposefully different from platforms with a worldly revenue model as we do our best to innovate and base our operation on Biblical principles.
Our main focus is on the fact that we are:
- one body (1 Corinthians 12:12-27);
- called to love one another (John 13:34-35);
- called to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19).
Furthermore we should:
- show respect for all people regardless of race or gender (I Corinthians 8:13; Romans 12);
- refrain from Cheating (Proverbs 12:22), Stealing (Ephesians 4:28), Swearing (Ephesians 4:29, 5:4), Vandalism (Matthew 7:12) and bullying;
- have no limits to our forgiveness (Matthew 18:21-22);
- utilize careful judgment in the exercise of personal freedom (Galatians 5:16-24) (I Corinthians 8:9-13).
WE DO NOT BELIEVE that we should exclude, ostracise or ban anyone from using our platform. Instead, we offer guidance for people who are willing to learn why it is important to not break platform rules and regulations, how to forgive and be forgiven and live under grace as an ambassador of the Body of Christ on earth.